Institute of History and Archival Studies is a dynamic and highly rated institution. We implement numerous national and international grants and projects on topics including:
- history of cities, especially Kraków;
- borderland history of Lesser Poland and Silesia;
- history of national and religious minorities within Poland (mainly Jewish history and culture);
- history of World War II and the Holocaust;
- history of landed gentry and aristocracy;
- history of migration and forced exile and expulsions;
- history of diplomacy;
- history of colonialism and decolonization;
- history of a late Cold War era (Poland, Germany & Great Britain);
- archival studies & info-brokering;
- historical tourism & museum studies;
- business use of cultural heritage.
Moreover, we cooperate with other renowned universities and scientific and research institutions, mainly from Germany, Czechia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary, Moldova, United States, Israel and France.